1. What information does Skinny Myths collect from you?
In order to better provide you with numerous products and services, our Site collects two types of information about its visitors: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and customized experience while using our Site.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Personal information is requested when you register with us, order a product or service, fill out surveys and correspond with us. This information might include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and other identification and contact information. If you choose to purchase products or services over the Site, you may need to give personal information and authorization to obtain information. For example, you may need to provide the following information:
* Mailing address;
* E-mail address;
* Credit card number and expiration date;
* Home and/or business phone number.
Other personal information (e.g., gender and age, mother’s maiden name)
We may also collect certain other financial information; whenever we do so, we will attempt to provide a link to this Policy so that you can confirm how this information will be used. With this information, we can submit your service and product orders to the appropriate merchants for processing and better provide you with services.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you shop on our Site in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the Web site’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web.
Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our visitors with a superior customized online experience. Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our visitors and users. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional corporate standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our users’ personal information.
We may perform statistical analyses of aggregate customer behavior. This allows us to measure relative customer interest in the various areas of our Site for product development purposes. Any information we collect is used for our own internal purposes to improve the content of our Site, to enhance users’ experiences when visiting our Site, to customize the content and/or layout of our pages, and to provide the services required by an individual customer. Limited demographic data may also be collected at our Site from a third party advertising server, who provides us with the zip code and area code associated with a visitor’s server, along with pages viewed on our Site. We may receive summary, but not individual, reports from a third party ad server, which will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked upon.
We gather information in the following ways:
* Shopping: We collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, to enable ads to be served on our Site, to report Non-Personally Identifiable Information to our advertisers and to monitor the level of activity on our Site. We collect information from visitors to our Site regarding the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the Site, the country, state and telephone area code where your server is located, the pages of our Site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our Site.
* Online Surveys and Polling: In order to improve our services to you, we ask some of our customers to voluntarily complete surveys, which may be collected by an independent third party. Individual survey answers are confidential, although Non-Personally Identifiable Information is collected and disclosed to third parties. If you do not wish to participate in a survey, simply decline to participate when asked.
* Newsletters & Promotional Emails: We may offer free electronic newsletters, and promotional emails as a service to our prior customers. We may send you newsletters and emails periodically listing current specials and deals. We do not send emails to you unless you subscribed with us.
* Contact Information and Third Party Data: If you contact us by telephone, email or letter, we may keep a record of your contact information, correspondence or comments. If you report a problem with our Site, we may collect such information in a file specific to you. If you contact us through our feedback area or by calling one of our customer service representatives, we ask for your name and email address in order to send you a reply. If other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or purchases on our Site, we may keep the information in a file specific to you.
* Advertising: We may display advertisements. By knowing a little about you, we will be able to deliver more relevant advertisements and content to you in the form of targeted banners and promotions. For example, advertisers may give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach. We may take the advertisement and include it in an email to prior customers meeting that criteria. We may, in the future, also have a third party advertising server display ads linked to certain search terms that you have entered, or to certain pages that you are viewing. In this process, third parties will never have access to individual account information; only we have access to individual accounts.
Additionally, we may share aggregated data with advertisers. We also track customers’ traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which pages a customer views while using our Site. This information is ultimately stored in the form of store categories, and, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and software and to administer our Site.
We may share aggregated statistics about pages viewed on our Site and sales and other shopping information with third parties.
Our Site is not intended for the use of children. We do not knowingly market to, or solicit data, from children.
3. Who is collecting your information?
We may, in the future, use a third party ad server to serve ads on our Site. They may place their own “cookie” on your computer to help those ads to run. However, we will not provide them with any of your Personally Identifiable Information. For more information about the information they may collect, please see the section “Cookies” below. We may also in the future use a third party surveyor to run optional surveys for our Site.
4. With whom do we share your information?
From time to time, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities.
We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
5. What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
We may from time to time send you email or other communications regarding current promotions, specials and new additions to our Site. You may “opt-out”, or unsubscribe from our newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions. After doing so, our users will not receive future communications or mailings.
6. You should carefully review privacy policies of any third party sites accessible from our Site.
7. Contacting us about privacy questions or concerns.