Brunette bombshells were once known for their outer beauty only. Today’s brunette bombshells however, are about more than just outer beauty. They take pride in who they really are and stand up for what they believe in. They are an inspiration to others and truly enjoy life, living it to the fullest. Actresses, Angelina Jolie, Rachel Weisz and Rachel Bilson are all great examples of a true brunette bombshell. If you’d like to achieve the Brunette Bombshell Look for your very own, keep reading!
To create the look, you’ll want to start with a fabulous rich brunette hair shade. From chocolate to smoky brown, whatever hair shade you have brunette shade you have in mind should compliment your skin tone. If you have fair skin, look for warmer browns such as honey, mahogany and copper. For darker skin tones, try a chestnut or rich shade of chocolate brown. If you’re beginning hair color is anything more than two shades lighter than your chosen brunette shade, you’ll want to consult with a professional hair colorist for best results.
If you’re already a brunette and just want to spice up your color, you can try an at home hair coloring kit. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions. If you have never colored your hair before, you may want to try a semi-permanent color just in case the results turn out to be not quite what you expected. Don’t forget to maintain your gorgeous new color with a shampoo and conditioner that is made for color-treated hair.
Now that you have achieved that fabulous new shade, you’ll want to give it a fabulous new do. Brunette Bombshells are all about the lift.
- To begin, take a small strand of hair and lift it away from the scalp. Place a comb about 1 ½ inches from the scalp, into the strand of hair and slide the comb down toward the scalp to tease the hair. Continue to do this until you have teased the entire crown area.
- For extra oomph, curl each individual teased strand with a curling iron and allow the curls to cool. Once the curls have cooled, comb the curls out, re-tease the strands and blend with the rest of your hair.
- To finish this look, style the rest of your hair as desired and spritz hair with a touch of hair spray for extra hold.
No Brunette Bombshell Look is complete without the right touch of makeup.
- Start with a freshly cleansed and moisturized face. Dab concealer under the eyes and anywhere imperfections are a bother.
- Next, apply a foundation that compliments your skin tone to even out redness and blend away concealer lines. Lightly sweep a bronze powder across the nose, cheeks and chin for a soft sunlit glow.
- Sweep a creamy pale brown across the entire eyelid. Apply an iridescent shade of gold into the crease, blending carefully.
- Next, line the upper lash line using dark brown eyeliner and then smudge the eyeliner using a sponge tip applicator to give it a smoky look.
- Finish by applying a moisturizing lip balm to lips and then apply a peachy shade of lipstick or gloss.
Now that you’re a Brunette Bombshell, how do you feel?